Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, August 7, 2023

Almost human...

Still a bit stiff behind my neck and shoulders, but better. Helped that I'm trying to figure out WTF another guy who does packing for shipment is doing so I can work up a schematic of how to prep them for transportation. Took my focus away from my aches and pains. He's a bit more casual about packing than I am, and his boxes are turning out to be 70-75 lbs, each. Not cool. Doesn't help that most of the books are massive folios.

I'm fasting tonight for bloodwork, tomorrow. Getting a physical on the 18th and tests run on the 25th to see if all my parts are still working or if I need to go into the shop. Who knew my sell-by age was 70? Which is a lot later than I thought it would be. For years I thought I'd be dead by the age of 45. Who knew that I'd get missed by the AIDs epidemic while every man I knew in 1980 would not? Weird how life works.

I posted another image for Missing on BDSMLR. The last acceptable one for general consumption. This is the one where the story clearly becomes about slavery. Sure, it's a graphic novel that's got gay erotica all over it, and I am having fun doing it, but all of my books have meaning to them, no matter what people may think. Even my coloring book, Demented Dreams, is about fantasies being fun, even wicked ones.

I watched Judgement at Nuremberg, again. It's a long, intense movie about holding people responsible for the evil they allowed and committed. It's so damned relevant to today's situation, where a radical group of fascists want to take control of America and too damn many people are just going along with it or refusing to get involved. It should be required viewing for all students.

No comments: