Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Paperwork day...

Worked up expenses and an invoice for my time, went to the office and it was a birthday celebration for one of the women there so had cake. Did a bit of grocery shopping but wasn't really up for it so got only some essentials. Like for making my own enchilada dinner. But then blew it off and just made spaghetti. I'll do enchiladas tomorrow.

I almost talked myself into trying to make biscuits from scratch, but found a recipe online and it was a lot more work than I thought it'd be so just puttered. I'm kind of lost, at the moment; unsure of what to do next. I think I'm going to read another Grant Atherton...maybe...but I also bought a copy of Trust at that B&N in Omaha. It won the Pulitzer, last year, for fiction. I just don't know if I'm interested enough in it to start it.

Found out my auto insurance is going up by a third, thanks to my rear-ending that car in San Francisco. And I have an MRI set up for the third week of September, for my kidneys. And my right shoulder and neck are bugging me, because they're tighter than usual. But I also found out friends of mine in Orlando and outside Tallahassee are okay after Hurricane Idalia, and other friends who were in Malibu are okay after that storm. That was good.

I'm ready to just stay in bed all day and read. It wouldn't hurt me any...so long as I had plenty of pillows to lie on. I do wonder how it was possible for Marcel Proust to have written so much while lying in bed. I start getting stiff and my legs grow cranky if I don't keep them moving.

I'm thinking more and more about the Houston portion of APoS. How all I may really need to do through it is make sure everything is consistent with the first part of the book. It's part three, The Return, that will need a lot of work. Adding Brendan's visit to the University in Coleraine to hear tapes made of his father telling his stories. I don't know if I can work out a way for him to visit Eamonn in prison...but we'll see.

You never know how it'll go until you dig into it.

No comments: