Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, August 25, 2023

MORE whining...

Had some tests done, this morning. Cat scan with the dye stuff in me, and a look inside my bladder with a camera. I'd had all this done maybe 7-8 years ago, and it wasn't bad, but this time was rough.

The person who set up the IV had trouble finding a vein in my arm so went into my right hand...and I did some bleeding. Hand is not happy. 

The dye did its usual thing of making me feel warm and needing to pee, but it also threw me off my rhythm for the day since I couldn't eat or drink anything till after it was done, and the bladder camera appointment was next. Same building. And it was late by over an hour. 

That thing went up through my urethra and I don't think the doctor used a catheter. It didn't so much hurt as it was very uncomfortable, even with a numbing gel fired up in me. Mainly because the doctor was in a bit of a rush so no ease taken. 

I still have a little blood in my urine and light pain when I pee. I've had catheters before so I know it's not unusual, so long as it doesn't persist. It's just, I'll be in Nebraska Monday and Tuesday and don't want to have to deal with any health issues, while there. 

I finally got my lunch at 12:30. Treated myself to an okay enchilada plate; not as good as you'd find in San Antonio or LA, but I'm not there and it did well enough. I could've gotten some Amy's frozen ones, I guess, but they're too healthy.

So I went home to find my laptop decided to stop talking to my wireless mouse. And then found out my CPA didn't update my mailing address with the IRS when they filed my 2022 federal tax return. And a PDF of the return is not posted on my client portal, like it should be, and I can't get hold of them to get one. You can't update your address online but only by filling in a form and sending it to them, so I ran out to get that off in today's mail. By that point, I was growling, snapping, snarling and ready to go on a tear. 

Then it turned out that while everything else looked fine, the CAT scan showed a growth on my right kidney that may be just a cyst. I'm being slated for an MRI, to be sure. It all depends on when the insurance company agrees. Not Medicare; the gap insurance. I pay into fucking medicare for 55 years and I still have to pay $215 a month for full coverage. Fucking Republicans and the Democrats who let them get away with their shit.

I fucking hate growing old.

No comments: