Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 4, 2023

Catching up...

I've begun re-reading what I did with APoS-New World For Old, to re-familiarize myself with it and note where I need to make corrections to tie it in properly with Derry. Nothing serious, yet. The first chapters deal with Brendan coming out of his shock at seeing the bomb go off and people killed...including Joanna. I've already been told by one editor that ending traumatized her.

I'm not completely happy with the explanation of how Brendan was brought into the US, but I'll deal with then when I start a real re-write. This will actually be #5, if I go by how my files are numbered. Only 477 more drafts to go.

I'm currently in LA and had a decent flight that was actually on time. I'm still recovering from that infection that still causes a tickle in my throat that makes me hack like a 40-year smoker. But I can feel it's getting better in little bitty steps.

Tomorrow is the first job up in the Hollywood Hills. I took a drive up, just to see what it looked like...and it's one of those scary roads that has room for one car at a time. And I've got a Ford Bronco that's like a barge. And I don't know what it is about Fords, but I have a hell of a time seeing over the hood. It's like the damn thing is bulging up in front of me. It was the same way in that Mustang. Makes me very uncomfortable.

Especially when the damn road is so twisty-turny.


No comments: