Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

I love LA but not the Valley...

I only have to drive 3.7 miles to where I'm packing up this collection, but the San Fernando Valley drivers are so insane it takes me 25 minutes to get there. Hi, I'm getting ahead of you and if you don't let me I'll hit the side of your car. And the everlovin', HONK! You waited till your car did a restart to start moving? WTF for? Or...You have 2/3 of a car length in front of you; MOVE UP!

My LA attitude is more attuned to the Basin, where it's fast and furious and pay fucking attention, even in standstill traffic on La Cienega. I can handle aggression on the road; what drives me nuts is the Do what I fucking want you to do, even though I haven't told you what it is because I'm too busy being an asshole and not paying attention to you even though I want you to pay attention to me kind of shit.

There's also a lot of how can I not help you at grocery stores and restaurants, but that's not surprising, after Covid. People don't give a shit, anymore, and I can't blame them. Corporations are buying everything up and doubling prices but cutting back on wages. Small wonder so many are pushing to start up unions. It's the only way to make the bastards listen and reconsider not fucking you over, not completely.

SAG/AFTRA passed its new deal with the studios. Now comes the fun of watching executives find new and more creative ways of fucking people out of the money they should be paid. Seems like nearly everyone in the upper echelon of executives are taking their cues from that orange bastard and just blowing off contracts, when they feel like it.

I'm close to hating capitalism and the greed of too goddamn many people.

Rant over. Now I can keep reading through APoS-New World For Old...and think of how much crazier I can make it. Ah, Houston in the 70s...

No comments: