Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 28, 2023

I have no control over my mind

Nasty trip home. Hellacious and exhausting. Yesterday was dead space in brain. Today was searching for something to break the clouds in my brain. So I wrote this. May make it a book. Or a novella to go with another one I posted some time ago. Dunno. I'm just in a foul mood and angry.
FREDDY
Young Freddy had gone for a walk.
His mood was...he’d rather not talk.
A neighbor he’d just met, named Ray,
Still stopped him, to quietly say,
“Some friends of mine, Chuck, Dan and Bill,
Think you’d be such fun...which you will.”
That’s when they appeared, as Ray’s pack,
To grab Freddy, in an attack.
He knew them all, knew they had wives
And kids...but they also had knives.
Both bound and gagged, he bravely fought,
But still got dragged off to a plot
With an old shed. Clothes cut away.
Forced down to a basement, to stay.
"We loved to see your tatts and ass
And wanted you, each time you’d pass,"
Ray said, as he forced his way in
Freddy’s mouth, the first to begin.
"The way you fit your jeans was tight.
So we're gonna keep you all night.
And when we're done then you will know
We own you and won't let you go."
This all was confusing. The lad
Did not know what he’d done so bad
To cause them to do this. "You're gay,"
Don said, going next. "It’s your way."
"Then so are you," Freddy spat back.
Which only led Chuck to attack
Him with fists. "You don't call us queer."
Then Bill snarled, "Let me make it clear.
It’s fags who get fucked, and not us,
So there's nothing more to discuss.
We'll keep you to use, till we're done.
Then we’ll go find some other one
Just like you, who we'll pass around.
While you'll be six feet in the ground."
Oh, shit. Other men disappeared
With no word. All dead, as was feared.
No, that won’t be me, Freddy thought.
No man gets to think that he’s brought
Me here to be killed, like I’m trash.
I’ll live to make sure your lives crash.
Two weeks he spent playing their toy,
And he made sure to bring them joy
By using each trick he had learned
To make every time with him earned,
As he built a plan to regroup.
Until the night he got the scoop
That by morning, he’d leave this earth
In spirit. But he had no dearth
Of ways to escape far from them
And not accept their evil whim.
So that's what he did. And he kept
How he did it a secret, but wept
In the court as he told the foul tale.
And those four men went straight to jail.
Then Freddy said, "I'll write a book,
And in it you can have a look
At the evil those bastards did me.
Now I’m a gay hero...and free."

No comments: