Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 11, 2023

Strunk & White proves AI is of the devil...

To any and all, SpellCheck and Grammerly cannot be trusted to provide you with the correct usage of words. I found that out as I did one last check for grammar on APoS-Derry, using the option offered by the newest version of Microsoft Word. Here's some of what I got.




In the blue box is what I wrote. Below is what they think is correct. I'm too knowledgable of English grammar to fall for it, but a lot of people may think this damned program knows what it's talking about. Don't trust it. Get and read a copy of Strunk & White's Elements of Style for something simple and basic. Available in any bookstore or online.

Grammar Nazi, out.


 

No comments: