Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 17, 2023

On 47 more drafts to go...

Done with this read of APoS-New World For Old. Its up over 131,000 words. And there's more bluntness and anger involved but it's circling in on what it needs to be. And I did it despite a nasty stomach ache. I don't know what I ate, since all I had for dinner was frozen fish sticks, well-cooked, but it's not being happy.

At least I'm through another stage of the story. And scared to death it's going to ge severely criticized. More panicky than anything. But I'm not stopping. I have enough certainty in what I'm writing that I think it will come through well-enough. I'm mainly worried about the details and picky people. There are a lot of assholes out there who will seize on an inperfection to destroy your work. I've seen so much of it happening, lately.

Of course, with the Smashwords sale on for ebooks, I've sold a lot of them...and won't get a single review out of any of it. I have very few reviews...so maybe that's a form of safety against the real world.

Fuck this, I'm getting some Alka-seltzer.

No comments: