Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, March 4, 2022

Back to work...

Carli's Kills is coming along. I printed out the opening part that still worked and went through it with a red pen; now I'll dig back into the stuff I'd already edited and make it all correspond properly. I think the ending is going to change. I'll just say, right now, returning to Carli killing some of the guys works best. I just need to know whether or not she gets away with it.

That's been a huge issue...and was part of the reason things blew up. It may not seem so, but I was raised with a moral center and Carli getting away with murder bothers it. A lot. Too much Presbyterian still left in me. I don't believe in God, nor do I believe in our system of justice. But I also do not believe in allowing murder to go unpunished. It's weird, but it offends me at the core.

I'm hoping to find a middle ground for the ending, but not so sure what that will be, anymore. We'll see whaat happens, once I get there.

Watching the situation in Ukraine, and seeing how NATO and the US are doing as little as possible to help that country only reiterates my wariness regarding justice in this world. Putin's been allowed to get away with his bullying for nearly 15 years, so small wonder sanctions aren't deterring him. He's fairly certain once he's got control of Ukraine, Europe will forgive and forget and go back to doing business, as will US Companies. And he's probably right.

The only reason he isn't waltzing into Kyiv, right now, is Zelenskiy. The president of Ukraine is a lion, and his people are strong and stubborn and now hate Russia with a passion. They will have to be slaughtered in order for Moscow to win, and Putin will have no problem with that. He's just that much of a beast. I've done what I can, so far, including giving money to UNICEF and a local Ukrainian group, and I howl on Twitter.

I used to howl on Facebook, but they now get their little fee-fees hurted too damn easy and I'm banned, again. Apparently, it has no problem showing video of people blown to bits, but you can't call Putin a war criminal who needs to be hanged. That's just really mean.

No comments: