Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Return to sender...

Taxes done. Oh, what fun. But it turned out good so I can't complain, except I'm beat up from worrying about it. Want to hit the sack, so much. Actually dozed off in my chair.

Tomorrow, I'll start inputting changes to CK. Should have it done by Sunday, at which time I've got a few people open to being Beta-readers. If anyone else is interested, message me.

I'm still arguing with myself about the ending. One tactic my inner moralist used has been to suggest I'm lazy for not wanting to do all the rewriting...but truth is, there wouldn't be all that much. A lot of trimming to do, sure, and one last revenge murder at the end before Carli rides off with Zeke's dog, Loki. But a tragic ending just does not feel right as the finale to the paperback version of this story.

Which then brings on the, It would work if you were a better writer, BS. To which I say, Maybe, but we'll never know. I just know I'm the writer I am now and that's all I can be.

I've also decided was to publish under my name. No hiding. If me being me writing the books I've written is a problem for people, it's their problem, not mine.

I had a long chat with an old friend, doing facetime. It was weird seeing him after so many years, but we had a lot to catch up on and I found out he's listed as an editor on a James Bond bibliography by Jon Gilbert. I sort of know Jon through Adrian Harrington, an antiquarian bookseller he worked for. It was a fun chat.

No comments: