Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Priorities...

I am so disgusted with humanity, right now. We've got Russia terrorizing Ukraine, bombing that country into shambles and slaughtering civilians like they are nothing. Republicans fighting to destroy democracy in the US because they can't win on their complete lack of principles. Famine in Afghanistan. Syria still in turmoil. States threatening to execute teenaged girls if they dare to get an abortion. And all anyone wants to talk about is how one multi-millionaire slapped another multi-millionaire on live TV at the Oscars.

Yes, it was shocking and surprising and unexpected for Will Smith to slap Chris Rock, but it pales in comparison to a brutal dictatorship obliterating the port city of Mariupol. A city of hundreds of thousands of people is now little more than rubble, and those who try to escape are bombed and shot at and have to evade mines in the roads. Yet video of that one moment has been seen tens of millions of times while the video appeal President Zelenskyy made, begging for help and arms, had 600,000 views.

I'm sick of people. I got so worked up, I couldn't focus on anything else. I came close to abandoning CK and crawling into bed and just sleeping the rest of the week. I actually spent an hour just watching cat and dog videos, to slow my descent into despair. That's how pathetic I am...

But dear God, how I hate Russia and Russians. A people who have no care for anyone's life but their own. Communism was horrific and evil and vile, but it was was no worse than under the Czars. And the new Russia is no different. That country is now a terrorist state and is beyond redemption.

Slava Ukraini...

No comments: