Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Life sucks, sometimes...

My schedule was killed, yesterday, by my toilet deciding to back up, last night. It would not flush and was clogged so the water was up to the rim...and that's after me going out to get a jug of Draino...and again to get Liquid Plumber, since the Draino didn't do the job...and not being able to get emergency maintenance to answer the phone. I wound up taking a dump at the grocery store, as I bought the LP, something I absolutely hate doing. But...it's good I did. It wasn't fixed till this morning.

I guess it's better that I'm moving to another apartment. This place is starting to feel like it's about ready to fall down.

So today was spent making up for lost time. I'm through 162 of 403 pages, and it's working better. After going through this latest draft with spell-check, I'm sending it out for editing and feedback. I want this done by the end of March because April is shaping up to be busy and in May I'm getting surgery on my eyelids. Guess I'm just a tired old man staggering his way through life.

The story seems to be staying at around 84,000 words, right now. That may change because I'm adding a section between the sheriff and a coroner's assistant in the hospital morgue. This being out in the middle of nowhere in Arizona, they usually have an undertaker pick up bodies and take them to the morgue, where the coroner does the autopsy. And Grady's will be a trip. He may wind up being transported to Tucson for further detailing.

So it's coming together, step by step. Who knows...I may actually get this dome, some day.


No comments: