Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, March 31, 2022

5th draft done.


I finally finished draft 5 of Carli's Kills, and the ending wound up being rather bizarre...but I kind of like it. Anyway, right now, it's 409 pages and 84,745 words and I have no idea if it makes one damn bit of sense. I'm going to ask a few people for feedback, hoping this will help me. 

It turned out to be somewhat amoral a story, but not as much as I had thought it would become. Carli keeps her secrets; Zeke does not. I've sort of flipped the dynamic here to where Carli's in the male role and Zeke the female, emotionally speaking.  I hope it's not insulting to people.

Tomorrow is the first day I can start moving into my new apartment. I need to be done with my current place by the 8th, so it's going to be fun. I'm not getting my bed frame and couch delivered until the 2nd, and everything else that goes in the place depends on them. I want a living space, not a place I'm just existing in.

It seems that's all I've had, most of my life...rooms to work and sleep in, never real homes. Always make-do. There isn't much I can afford in order for this to work, but I am not pulling my usual find stuff on the road and make use of it strategy, this time. I'll be on the 9th floor of a senior apartment facility, and I'm not traveling as much, now, so can do the plants thing, again. 

I don't want a pet; I've never had much luck with them and it's not fair to the animal for me to take one on at this stage of my life. I'll be 70 in July so no telling how much longer I'll be around. And I have too many stories to work on to be able to pay attention to a dog or cat.

Though I do love cats...

No comments: