Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 1, 2022

Busy day...

Got the keys to my new apartment. Came home to start packing the last of my books. Tomorrow my bed and sofa get delivered to the new place, then I'll get groceries. It's larger than where I live now, by double, but since it's Senior Housing I get a cut rate. Being old has a couple of perks, now and then. One being I can see Canada from my windows.

I spent half an hour working with my internet provider to change my address. They guy kept trying to get me to take cable and phone service and bundles, all for just $199 before taxes and fees. As it is, my bill's going up by $20 a month because they now rent you the router. Oh, I could buy it for nearly $400 or provide my own. Considering how these things go, I'd rather have the ability to upgrade it without a huge outlay, again. But that won't be installed until the 9th. Grr.

I also worked up a fresh cover for Rape in Holding Cell 6. The front is pretty much the same (I removed the by above my name is all) but the back is completely different. I had to do this because I stupidly put the price on the previous edition and I'm down to making $.09 a sale. Now I can update the price as needed.

I've got four people reading CK to give me feedback, and I've asked them to be brutal. I am so lost in that story I have no idea if it makes sense or reads well or anything. I'm less worried about typos, right now, that it just being a piece of shit. We'll see what happens.

My main moving day is going to be Monday. I have a dental appointment at 3:15 but nothing for the rest of the day...and since I'm in the office Tuesday through Friday in preparation for the NY Book Fair, it's now or middle of the week. And I have to be out by the 10th to keep from paying more rent, here.

Damn, I'm tired.

No comments: