Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Draft 6 completed

A bit simplified. A bit smoother. Not so cutsey. Carli's Kills now stands at just over 85,000 words. I did a preliminary reformat into 5.5x8.5 size, Times New Roman font, 10 point and it's 214 pages of story in a book that'll be 232 pages, once the title and stuff is included. I'm looking at a price of $14.95 for the paperback and $2.99 for the ebook.

I'm publishing it under my name. I wrote it. If someone wants to freak out over my gay erotica, let 'em. They aren't the types I want to do business with, anyway.

I'm leery of putting it up on Kindle because of all the horror stories about piracy and corrections demanded and the like. Smashwords makes a format for Kindle, but they don't have the platform to sell it through. Still thinking about that.

I'm happy with the book, now. I did a spell-check and found a couple of typos I'd missed (as had my editor), and next will go through for consistency's sake. Make sure all the characters sound like they should. All makes sense. That sort of thing.

Oh, and one should be careful with SpellCheck; several times it tried to get me to use your for you're and they're for their and vise versa. I no longer do the grammar-nazi thing with people, not when a program like this is screwing with them.

So...looks like I may get this thing published by the end of the month.

No comments: