Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Hurry up and wait...

Wifi didn't get installed. The technician needed access to a room that can only be gotten into during the week, when maintenance is here. Irritating. so I did a lot of running around, shopping for shit I can't afford, and putting together my new table...which was a royal pain.

It was made in China and not very well. The machining of the piece was second-rate (holes don't line up just right, metal is very cheap, bolts are difficult to line up so they can be screwed in) but now it's done, after 5 hours on a project that shouldn't have taken more than two. Won't last very long, but it looks cool, for now.

This photo is color, believe it or not. I took it earlier, today, before I ran out to buy more shit...and return an item. It was windy and chilly....but it settled down and this was the end of the day. If you look close, just before the hill to the right, you can make out the mist coming up off Niagara Falls.

I'm finding I really like having a real view of a horizon to look out on.  I set my dining table right by the window, so when I eat I can just gaze upon it. It's surprisingly calming. No idea why.

My place is closing in on being in order, so I can start thinking about work on CK. I still need to read the editor's notes...but I already know she hates my use of ellipses...which is why I still use them, liberally...so I'm ready for her shots. I was aiming to get this done by the end of the month, but that's not looking likely. I also need to work up a cover.

We'll have to see how it goes.

No comments: