Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Working and visiting...

I've got the formatting done on CK, except for putting the corresponding page numbers on the table of contents, so will be taking a couple of days off to deal with work and see some friends from Germany, who are visiting Niagara Falls. Have dinner with them. A drink or two. Talk about how things are, were and should be.

What I'm doing at work is helping prep the returns from the New York Book Fair. It ended just a few hours ago, and we've got dozens of dealers to get back to the UK and EU, not to mention around the US. A bit of drama occurred because JetBlue didn't fly our show trunk on the same flight as the crew that went down to NYC to move the dealers off the floor. No one knew where it was so I wound up going out to the airport and talking to people, and that's when everything got on track.

To be sure, it wasn't because of anything I did. I just got a ticket agent to find out what was going on, and she said the trunk was put on the wrong airline's belt after being screened. Because the crew had filed a claim with JetBlue, they were able to check on the trunk and make sure it did make it to JFK...which it did. But it wasn't delivered to the book fair till nearly 2pm, which is when we would be handing out the labels and documents. It was a scramble, but they were able to do it.

I'm glad I wasn't there, though. Don't like tense situations.

I've gotten more good response on my cover, so I'm going with it. It's ready to upload, once I have the text set. I'm going through, again, to check and make sure I've gotten all the typos out, that I can. Sometimes it's just having two spaces between words instead of one that needs to be fixed, something that is very difficult to catch. I found a couple instances of it just in doing the formatting, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that. 

Then comes shifting the book into e-format. That's a bit trickier, but I think I can get it done in time for the beginning of the month. Here's the avatar for it, BTW.

No comments: