Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Halfway through a rewrite

I'm going through and removing a lot of my ellipses, in CK. I got a bit carried away with them, using them as if I was aurally telling the story and they were my pauses. Kind of silly, seeing as how people need to read the book in their own way. So a lot are being replaced by simple commas. Makes everything much better.

I'm also clarifying and editing out some hyperbole to help the story glow. Right now, I'm through the point where Zeke takes Carli on his Harley to his special place, and falls asleep on her. Loki's there, too, standing guard over his boy and halfway hoping Carli gives him an excuse to tear her throat out. It's a very romantic situation.

But this is where Carli pulls back from her quest for revenge and instead decides to handle it through more legal channels. Granted, she's killed 4 people, by this point, but she doesn't see it that way. She just executed them.

I'm still having issues with Verizon's Fios dumping my signal every hour or so, and it's irritating. I spent time on the phone, again, trying to get it repaired, but within 10 minutes of hanging up...it happened, again. I'm waiting till Wednesday to deal with it, now; the guy I spoke with today sounded like he was in India and he did what he could, from there. But i'm beginning to think the router is defective and needs to be replaced. This is not normal.

The joys of technology.

No comments: