Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Silver lining...

With only my phone's hot spot to use, I've been able to focus on reworking RIHC6, and have the new chapters set up for linkage within the document. 26 of them, half in Book One and half in Book Two. This will be fun, inserting bookmarks and making sure the issues Smashwords said were part of it aren't, anymore.

It's a pretty intense book, and Antony careens very close to complete madness in his quest to first avenge Collier's death and then protect Jake. It has a globe-trotting aspect to it that I had fun with, when I wrote it, and it flows neatly into The Vanishing of Owen Taylor, even though that book is told by Jake, is a fairly straightforward murder mystery, and has very little sex in it.


An important part of the second half of the book takes place in the Paris skyscraper district, La Defense...where Antony goes to make a deal with the devil to help Jake, who has family in not only Copenhagen but Paris. Throughout this book, I interweave plot points into the sex parts and make sex an important part of the reason everything happens. Some of the references are a bit dated...but they still work, in a generic way.

Tomorrow I supposedly get my wifi hooked up, but we'll see how that goes. It'll be the third time Verizon's come out to connect me. Once that's done, I'll be finishing up RIHC6 and will return to CK. The job I was supposed to go on, in Princeton, was canceled. Not a surprise; it's not the first time this particular client has pulled the plug at the last moment. I'm glad; it means I may have a chance to get CK published before the end of the month.

That would be a hoot.

No comments: