Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 8, 2022

New place, new beginning?


Finally moved into my new apartment, This is the sunset from my west-facing window. The buildings on the far right side of the horizon are the hotels and tower of Niagara Falls in Canada. Now it's night and I can see the lights, too. Big difference from my old place.

I'm still trying to sort out the mess around me, but I'm not rushing. I've gotten feedback on Carli's Kills and want to start work on that to get it done. Good responses, so far. I also got notes from my editor but they're embedded in the document and I haven't had a chance to crack that open, yet. Tomorrow I'm getting wifi so won't have to use my company phone as a hot spot, then I can get the whole process going, again.

This place is fairly quiet. About the same amount of traffic noise, but not much more. I'm exhausted from all the running around, working, building of furniture -- I now have a real desk instead of a table, to work on -- and need to get only a few more things to finalize the place.

I keep getting a weird sense of deja vu at moments, throughout this move. Like when I was building that desk and at the 75% done point just knew I'd done this before. But I haven't. Same for when I made a pitcher of iced tea. It was spooky.

Hell, I'm spooky. But now I'm a livable space, left my previous apartment with good vibes, have a fridge with a freezer to make ice...and feel very satisfied with myself...for the moment.

No comments: