Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 22, 2022

Done, again...

CK is set and partially formatted; I still need to add the headers and page numbers...maybe do another polish, but it's definitely 232 pages and 85,977 words. I know this is pretty much set because for the last hundred pages of text it consistently danced around at just under 86K for wordage, and the page count never varied.

I've found that my books set their size, and once they've decided, nothing I do will change it. Short of a page one rewrite. And I'm not doing that for this. The first, second and third acts, as well as the center point, line up too neatly.

I'm happy with what I've got, now. Think it's as good as I can make the story, so I've gotten the template for the cover and will start on that over the weekend, to give myself a break from the text. I'm also changing the intent of the story from revenge to one of justice, which was denied to Lara but is brought home in horrific ways by Carli.

Paperback will be $14.95 and ebook $2.99, and I'm doing that through Smashwords. I'm just too leery of Kindle and their requirements and sneakiness. I know it will probably mean less in sales, but I don't care. What matters is, Carli's and Zeke's stories have been told.

I managed to finish the book even though I got my 4th Covid shot, yesterday...and right on schedule, 12 hours after, I got chills and aching in my muscles and joints. Nowhere near as bad as the previous ones, but still there. Made for a cranky night and much use of a heating pad, today. But now I'm covered, and I'm still wearing a mask when I go out.

Half just to piss off the right wing nuts.

No comments: