Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Still at it...

I'm about halfway through this polish of CK and feel it's becoming still tighter and clearer. I'm prone to overwriting things to make them obvious, and I'm doing my best to get rid of that tendency. I'm also removing moments like that in this book. It's slow going, especially since I'm also checking the formatting as I go, but it's getting there. Next comes adding the headers and page numbers, and then the table of contents.

It's funny, but while Zeke is the most decent character in the book, he's not a saint. He's dealt drugs, ignored the dealing of drugs in the Cantina, helps hide the money from drugs and all that enabling nonsense. He doesn't feel guilty about any of that, but does at how he did nothing about Lara's rape, due to Dax's anger at him. I'm presenting it all matter-of-factly, so it should be interesting to hear if I get any pushback on that.

Carli smokes pot and fucks around, like crazy. She enjoys being with men, but only on an equal basis. No control or possession allowed...which makes her a bit like Stasi, the first person she kills. Difference is, Stasi's hateful for no more reason than she's spoiled and entitled. Carli's anger and need for justice stems from a need to assert control over a situation she doesn't have any real power in. 

I may not be worth much over the next couple of days, writing-wise. Tomorrow I'm getting my second booster shot for Covid, and the vaccine tends to knock me down for up to 48 hours. But I now live in a building filled with old people and there's already been a case of Covid exposure, here, so safety and concern is the way to go.

I continue to wear a mask when I go out. The stupidity of people about this disease is beyond comprehension. But then I look at how those same idiots are banning books about racial history and removing the right to body autonomy from women and even attacking Disney for not being happy with Florida's Don't Say Gay bill, and I now understand how civilizations fall and populations get wiped out.

No comments: