Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Regression...

Finally got my wifi put in...and an hour after the tech left, it started fucking around on me. Kept dumping me. So I tried to contact Verizon but could only get their robo-voice responder and had to go through all their prompts before I could even leave a message to have a real person call me. Which I did. And I did get a call back...3 hours later...and got put on hold, for ten minutes before he came on the line.

Seems rebooting the router helped clear up the issue. I'd have done that, but on my old router, there was an on-off switch and this one doesn't have one. Apparently, you have to unplug it, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Shit. But that seems to have handled the issue. The techie suggested I do it once a month, something else I never had to do. Lord...

While the tech was installing the new router, I finished prepping RIHC6 to upload to Smashwords...ad they kept coming back to me that I had a double line link in the ToC, which I didn't. I mean, I scoured the text. 

Then I remembered the pages in the ebook are narrower, so a couple of my headings might be long enough to jump down to line 2. I narrowed them and reworked that part of the Table of Contents...and that took care of the issue. But suddenly there was another one about the book's designation.

It's already listed as Taboo Erotica, so I didn't understand the issue. I mean, all I'd done is upload a new avatar for this, but now suddenly they were nitpicking everything about it.

We went back and forth, the frustration with Verizon adding to my growing frustration with Smashwords...and now I'm just waiting to hear back from them regarding my last email to see if it will pass their latest inspection. It's available, just not in their premium catalogue.

Seems since they were taken over by Draft to Digital, they've become more difficult to deal with. Like Tumblr was just after they got bought out and before they dumped all their gay erotica. And nearly killed the company. And it does feel like they're hard on books with gay content.

The right wing scum are taking over everything. It'll be interesting to see how Carli's Kills fares, since it's a female lead raping and killing males. Very heterosexual and a male fantasy, as I understand it. In the meantime, I've dropped the price of my gay erotica to $1.99 on Smashwords, just to pump up sales.

No comments: