Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, April 18, 2022

Last pass begins

I could easily work on this story for the next five years, if I don't watch it. I can always figure out a better way to put something or neater sentence structure months after I'm done and published; I've thought that more than once in my other books. But I don't want to redo them. They're a sort of document as to my abilities and awareness at the time they were written, and it would be like saying they aren't good enough when they absolutely were.

I've got Carli's Kills down pretty damn tight. I've worked around a few issues I had and kept it honest, I think. But you never know till it's done and out there and you get feedback. Hopefully, this time I'll get some real reviews. I don't have many with my other books.

So I'm working through the formatted version, to see how long it stays. I've put in the title page and a place for the table of contents as well as copyright and acknowledgement pages. Right now it's saying 230, with everything, but we'll see how it goes once I'm done.

It's funny, but I've grown to so love Zeke, I'm glad he makes it out alive, at the end. Killing him off in the screenplay was very Hollywoodish and just didn't fit the direction the book wanted to go. Now it's more of a fun summer read, just with a serial killer as the main character.

At least she has just cause...

No comments: