Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, March 20, 2022

The joy of road-trippin'...


I drove down to my latest packing job, in NJ, and along the way just let myself think about CK and ways to make it better. It's a 6 hour drive, but it wasn't till hour 4 that I finally heard some suggestions from the characters and muse and all the assistants who bring stories to dumb saps like me, expecting us to make sense of them.

As if.

BUT...I may have an idea how to make the ending less of an ABC kind of shootout at the OK Corral thing and more fitting with the snarkiness of the story. And it was staring me in the face. No guns blazing as Carli comes in to save Zeke. This way makes Carli even more bad-ass. But before I discuss it, I want to do a run-through on it and see. I'm still a bit skittish.

I've added in how Carli gets a sexual thrill from killing a man. Kinky and close to John Wayne Gacy style, mixed with Ted Bundy. Female serial killers, like Aileen Woronous, killed either due to anger, hate or money. Carli's madness is just an animalistic urge that runs 100% counter to her mother's religious fanaticism. Maybe her form of rebellion, to put it nicely. But Zeke causes a seismic shift in her psyche...enough to get her to back away from the death and destruction, even though it's really too late.

But even with that shift, she's never going to tell him what she's done. Honesty is not always the best policy. Some secrets are best kept to yourself and taken to the grave.

To help keep my mind occupied till the drive back, I'm finally watching Game of Thrones. I'm only on Season 1, ep. 2, but I can see why people got involved. It's like a more honest version of Dallas, with all the maneuvering around, and Cersi was the new JR.

No comments: