Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Advance...

I've uploaded A Place of Safety-New World For Old to Smashwords, to be available beginning on July 31st. My birthday. It's $2.99, like APoS-Derry, and can be pre-ordered. And I'm not putting these two books on sale at Smashwords. People just grab the freebies and, from what I can tell, never read them. Nor do they review them.

The fact of the matter is, I'm undervaluing my books. NWFO's strong and I call it literature, like the first volume, and I'm not going to keep hoping if it's cheap enough people will be more inclined to buy it. They aren't. So they will be honestly priced, from now on.

NWFO has been edited and proofed to a point of ridiculousness, and I'm sure there are still typos lurking to be caught out. but I could work on this piece for the next year and not have it perfect. So you just have to let go.

I think the hardcover edition will become available on August 20th. I'm waiting on a review from BookLife but they're indicating it won't be posted till the first week of August. So be it. I'm hoping it's more accurate than the Kirkus one.

I know I shouldn't really complain; that was a positive review. It just threw me. We'll see if my note on the title page that it's a continuation will help. Maybe I do need to find a way to add volume 1 and 2 to them.

I've reworked Brendan's plan for leaving Houston as Jeremy Landau, in HNH. It sort of grows out of conversation during his last dinner at Mrs. Glendon's. Jeremy's received his new passport, and the old one was sent back with it. Canceled is stamped on the information page, in red kink, so it can't be used. But Everett thinks he might be able to clear the ink off so he can use the old one. Since Jeremy has his official one, he's covered.

Everett's also looking into moving to New York City. Things did not work out between him and Jeremy and he's in need of a change. Both he and Jeremy can sense Brendan has no intention of returning to Houston, but everyone else...including his aunt's family...thinks otherwise.

So this took care of a serious inconsistency in both the story and Brendan's character. And I feel a lot better.

No comments: