Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Tail chasing...


I worked myself into a nice bit of confusion, dealing with APoS-HNH, today. Restructured chapter one probably five times...and have no idea if it's working. Tried moving one part to chapter three...and only made things worse. I probably wound up cutting about 500-600 words.

I'm trying to maintain information from the first two books in the beginning of the third, but do it in such a way that it doesn't come across as an encapsulation. I'm getting close, I think. Won't know till sometime in the future.

I'd scream about it, but in reality this is how I work. I'm like a dog chasing his tail. Until I catch it...then I have no idea what to do with it.

I've got all my notes from my editor/proofer, so APoS-NWFO is ready to be published. Just waiting for the reviews to come in. I thought about entering it into the BookLife Writing Competition, but NWFO is 142,000 words and they cap their entries at 100,000. That seems a bit short, but it's not up to me.

That convicted felon running for president was shot at and his ear clipped by a bullet, during a rally. Apparently, the shooter is dead, along with one other person. I don't know why, but my gut instinct says this was a setup for that vile man to look good and it went wrong. But now all hell is going to tear loose.

The MAGAt crowd are perfectly fine mocking other people who've been hurt or killed by violence, but God forbid you do the same to their chosen ones. The hypocrisy is going to get deep. They're already blaming Democrats for it and calling for Biden to be charged...even though the Supreme Court's actually given him a path to immunity.

I'm still voting for Biden/Harris, no matter what those motherfuckers do.

No comments: