Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Life is a pain

I was talking with some friends in a group I'm part of, on Facebook, and they directed me to Payhip, to post Feeding the Beast. So I set it up. Wasn't as easy to do as they said it would be, but I've already sold several copies so maybe this is a possibility.

They also offer a website. Very plain but workable. And my payments are tied into PayPal, so it seems it works. I'll give it through the end of July to see how it goes, but if I can dump GoDaddy as my website platform, I'll be happy. They are not easy to use, especially since they updated it.

I also had a guy stop by asking if I wanted to take part in the government's free phone policy. I get a new phone and could have had a tablet but didn't want to deal with that part. So the phone is an android Vortex GZ65 and is not easy to use, but I think I have it set up enough for texting and phone calls.

I think I figured out how to make the moment when Brendan sees Joanna is alive more interesting. A girl's latched onto him and they're dancing to his cassette in the gathering, and it's beginning to look like he might get lucky with her. But then he sees that ghost and all else is forgotten.

Maybe I'll work it so he sees her in a window's reflection and turns but she's not there...I dunno. It's better, but not quite right, yet. Maybe I need another chapter ahead of this as well as one after.

Another possibility is I'm overdoing the damage to Joanna. I could pull that back, some. A bit of plastic surgery to minimize the scarring, but part of her face is paralyzed and she's partially blind?

Shit, I don't know. I don't know. I just don't know.

No comments: