Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, July 21, 2024

It's all about me...

I'm in crash and burn mode. Apparently, I haven't really been paying attention to the beginning of volume three of APoS. Chapter one is okay, but two, three and four are completely wrong. Brendan does things he wouldn't do -- like take Jeremy's passport to use for his trip to Derry with no intention of returning to the US. He plans to mail it back to him.

That's setting a good friend up for huge legal trouble. And Jeremy claiming it must have been stolen may not get him off the hook. Brendan wouldn't do that to a friend...not without talking to him, first, which he doesn't do. And no good-byes to his new family at Mrs. Glendon's? I have him acting like an asshole.

Which means reworking the opening chapters. Completely. Which I'm still dealing with, and berating myself for setting it up in this way. It's inexcusable.

Then I learn Biden is dropping out of the presidential race. I've supported him, given money to help his campaign, fought with fellow democrats on twitter and instagram about their demands he drop out...and they have won. The pundits and rich donors and MSM have driven him out of the race and are now out to nominate someone else to run for president.

Those who think this will all automatically go to Kamala Harris haven't been paying attention to what our overlords want. Many of them have been pushing Newsom or Whitmer as alternatives to Biden, a subtle slap at Harris not being white enough for them. It's obscene.

The DNC is now rallying people to support whoever the nominee is, and Biden has endorsed Harris so it's possible she will be the nominee...but I am livid at the treachery of those who howled for Biden to step down, and I halfway think many will now turn on Harris as someone who cannot win against that convicted felon. They've proven they are not to be trusted.

I have a horrible feeling this will turn out to be like 1968, when Johnson was driven to not run over Vietnam and Humphrey ran a lackluster campaign. Thanks to Nixon's and Kissinger's dirty tricks, we had five more years of war, 30,000+ American dead, millions of Vietnamese, Cambodian and Laotian dead, and untold billions down the drain over nothing.

Dear God, I wish I could get out of this country.

No comments: