Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, July 1, 2024

Freaky...

Went shoe shopping, today. Trying to find a comfortable pair to replace my old Clarks. There's an outlet store in Niagara Falls...but they had nothing that was comfortable. I have a high arch and if the top of my foot rubs against the shoe too much, it messes with that.

On top of it, the ones I saw online aren't available there...at least, not yet. Dammit.

So I hit a couple other stores and finally find something worthwhile at Dick's Sporting Goods, of all places. More than I wanted to pay, but they felt good. My old shoes just don't offer the support for being on my feet all day, as I learned in DC.

So I also did a bit of grocery shopping and was planning to hit home and work in HNH...only my phone shut down. I got this weird message on it that said it would be unavailable till after 5pm. I couldn't turn it off. Couldn't restart. Nothing.

Then...after 5, it started working, again. Like nothing happened. But trying to deal with that and figure out if my phone is compromised took up the day. What's sad is, it's not even my phone; it belongs to Caladex. I just use it because they insist I have it.

I did manage to start posting Blood Angel-Léonidès on GayDemon to drum up interest. The latest Smashwords sale is on, going through the end of July, and this is one of my latest works. It's also more romance than vampire, right now.

Tomorrow I'm going into the Apple store to see if this phone message is a situation I need to worry about. If they can't deal with it, I may hit AT&T. Can't have this happening when I'll be in San Jose, next week.

No comments: