Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, July 12, 2024

Dead of brain, today...

I managed to get together my expenses and invoice, and took them into the office...to find no one there. So left them. Left some See's Peanut Brittle, as well. Then came home. Uploaded a couple of photos I took from the plane...like this one of Green River in Utah...and my brain shut down.

Nothing new about that after a trip. I needed to decompress...so I went online and got into some political arguments with people who are dead set on having that convicted felon as our next president. As well as a couple of backstabbing Democrats calling for Biden to step aside and let someone else run.

There isn't much I can do for a politician aside from donate money, which I have to Biden, so I do what I can online. I can't phone-bank because I get tongue-twisted and uncertain, and that is NOT what you want to happen. Same for house-to-house.

I have sent out cards asking people to Vote Blue, but my handwriting sucks and I make mistakes. I recently sent out cards to 5 Supreme Court justices, asking them what their price is to resign, seeing as how they were open for business...and went through a couple of cards due to screwing up what I was writing.

When I worked on Ann Richards' campaign for governor in Texas, in 1991, I made yard signs and stuffed envelopes...and many times I was the only person in the office doing anything. It's amazing she won.

So now I tweet and post on Instagram and repost in tumblr, and that's the extent of it...and I get reactions and arguments from it. Usually people who call me various forms of stupid and who love to project the GOP's sins onto Democrats. I'm not very nice about it. Another reason for me not to canvass.

As a side note, the people at the office suggested my anti-China/pro-Uyghur posts might cause me trouble in Hong Kong. Not for getting in but for leaving. So they wanted me to pull back. I don't do that. Just like I don't use a pseudonym for my writing. I am who I am, and that's caused me trouble in the past...but I'm still here.

Don't see why I should stop that now.

No comments: