Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Just to see...

I jumped to the end of the story and wrote the new ending for CK, which is totally different from the direction I thought the story was going. I sort of like it...but not 100%. It seems a bit arbitrary, right now, not organic. I'm not going to slap a funky ending onto this book unless it makes sense.

A lot might have to do with the tone of how the story is being told. The first chapter's style would be right, if carried all the way through. An almost snarky attitude done with omniscience. I already indicate Zeke is close to being a sex object to Carli...but slowly becomes more. Turns out Eldora, the sheriff, also has the hots for him, and she does not like coming in second.

On top of this, the best part to me is how Zeke is missing a leg but becomes someone to be obsessed over. That, to me, is what makes it exquisite. He's not a perfect male specimen, but that doesn't matter in the overall picture. He's got a core of decency and loyalty that draws people like flies to honey.

I don't know what Alex Minsky is really like, but he seems to be similar to Zeke in the little bit I've seen of him. Videos. Gifs. On a talk show. I know he's happy with a wife, kids and a dogs on the east coast, somewhere.

I think I want Zeke to find the same peace. Question is, will it be with Carli?

No comments: