Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Sometimes threats work

By declaring I'd start drinking if I didn't have a breakthrough in this mental roadblock for CK, Carli and Zeke agreed to stop pissing around and I got some writing done. Part of what helped was me returning to page one and going through the stuff I'd written, already. I'm up to page 60...and Carli's fucking nuts.

Which I mean in a good way, unless you've done her wrong.

The opening is till pretty much the same, with her killing Stasi, but her seduction of Grady got a lot more intense and, dare I think it...fun. Until he's drugged and staked out in the desert, waking up as Carli finishes cutting his jeans off. Then she discusses circumcision as noted in the Bible, since Grady's not cut, before masturbating him. Finally, after he's cum, she shows him the video of Lara's rape...then circumcises him. And all that will be in the first 40-45 pages of the book.

Needless to say, this will not be a children's story or wind up in libraries.

But I sort of think that was the problem I was having with it. Carli wants to bust loose, and I'm scared of that. Same goes for Zeke. He's not a rapist, he's a decent guy, but he's also part of Dax's gang and helps in the drug-dealing. Not overtly or directly, but by remaining silent and hiding the money for Dax. So he's not a complete innocent. But he is the most vulnerable person in the story.

The first time he and Carli officially meet, it's after 2am, he's sitting on the porch of his trailer playing his guitar, wearing only his shirt and undies. He took his jeans off to remove his bionic leg. His dog, Loki, is there and he has an M-16 available for protection, but if he needed to run, he couldn't.

Then Carli comes up, and there's a strong suggestion she's thinking of doing to him what she did to Grady. Because she thinks he was there when the rape happened. But Loki won't let her near him, so she has to make up a story about being a student at the college and having PTSD...and back away...for now.

Not sure how they'll wind up in love, yet. Might be just as crazy as the rest of it.

No comments: