Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Still on track, dammit...

I had to spend part of the day working up a schematic for a possible job, which kept shifting on me, so didn't get started writing till late. But I managed to get through a couple of chapters of CK and feel I'm still within my scheduled timeframe. I'm at the point where Carli's going to learn Zeke was not part of the rape, but other issues come up and cause her even more confusion.

She's borderline nuts. Beginning to see herself as the fallen angel of death. That would be somewhat psychotic, wouldn't it? Shall I start calling her inner voice son of Samael? Hmm...doesn't really work, for me.

She and I did have a bit of a discussion about one of her peccadillos...that of slicing tattoos off her male victims. I wanted to drop that part but she kicked and screamed and said I was being misogynistic.

"Women can be butchers, too, you know!"

Reminded me of Ilsa Koch, the Bitch of Buchenwald Concentration Camp, who was rumored to have Jewish men with interesting tattoos killed, skinned and incinerated, then their tattoos were made into lamp shades or the covers of books. Ed Gein also supposedly did this with skin from cadavers. I guess if you're going to be a crazy bitch, do it up right.

I have no earthly idea how this book is going to end, now. I've got three possibles. Zeke dies. Carli dies. Or neither of them dies. And each one would work within the story as currently constructed. So...we'll see what happens when I get there.

But I'm feeling very anarchic with this, right now.

No comments: