Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, December 4, 2021

Not a day for writing...

It's been a long day of getting nothing done. No reading. No writing. Unable to focus or even think, really. All I want to do is wander, right now. Let life whisper past as I float along, like a raft on the Mississippi. I think I overwhelmed myself, this morning, by considering all the tings I have to do. So damn much. Books to write. Minor eye surgery to pay for. Maybe moving. I'll never get all of it done. Can't. I'm not a fast writer. I'm not erudite. I do okay.

I guess right now I'm making myself work up some breathing room in the face of feeling suffocated by inadequacy. I need to get out of this. It's after midnight and I'm feeling very dickish.

Maybe I'll watch this, tomorrow.



No comments: