Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, May 2, 2022

Formatting sucks...

I've spent the last hour trying to set up the ebook for Carli's Kills on Smashwords, and while it looks good I keep getting an error message from them that some of my test is in text boxes. But I can't find any, anywhere in the file. I pulled up gridlines, and if there's a text box it will block them out behind the text...but there's nothing. Anywhere.

They're recommending I remove ALL formatting and start from scratch. Otherwise I won't be included in their premium catalogue. Which means minimal distribution. It's driving me nuts so I'm setting it aside, for now. I can't face redoing this thing, not right now. I have to start prepping for eyelid surgery, on Wednesday, and I doubt I'll be in the mood to do much for a while, after that.

Anyway, it's up if you want to try it. And if I do manage to figure out WTF is going on with Smashwords or do upload an edition they like, you'll get notified and offered the new version. But from what I can tell, it shows up right in epub and Mobi.

So this is the end of the editing. I'll upload the paperback, tomorrow, and get that process rolling. Should take a week to 10 days for it to show up as available on Amazon, B&N and BAM!. Then it's back to A Place of Safety.

I actually look forward to it.

No comments: