Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

I hate technology...

I found out, today, that sometime in mid-August GoDaddy is changing the platform for my website, and I will have to re-input everything. Won't have a choice. That's fourteen titles, some with multiple covers and at least 3 links for each one. Onto a system I have no idea how to use.  At least they were kind enough to send me links to tutorials to help me.

Motherfuckers.

Now on top of working on APoS and Leonides, I need to learn how to deal with their new site, which won't be available to even practice on, till then. I don't even know if my site address will remain the same. Everything I do until then may wind up being worthless.

I went out and bought a package of cookies, and not the computer kind; Oreo Thins. I've gotten to where I don't like lots of the icing but do love the cookie part. Two pints of Ben & Jerry's non-dairy ice cream, too. The one with Colin Kaepernick on it.

I also got the ingredients to make myself a Hoagie. I've wanted on for a while and can't find a place that offers a decent one, in this town. So...Hoagie roll, beef bologna (the regular packaged kind has chicken in it), cheese slices, lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, mayo...and the only ingredient that wasn't quite right -- Italian dressing that was creamy, not normal. I already had that at home. Salt and pepper and it was killer.

I did more work on Leonides, earlier today. I now have close to 13,000 words, and he's just become a vampire. Prior Pious, the one who turned him, is explaining the whys and wherefores of his new world. The man was going to kill him and bury him as fodder for the pear trees, but something went wrong...he doesn't know what, yet...and he had to change his plans. Even though he didn't want to. He's the one who turned Leon's sister, Gabrielle, and he fears having two powerful vampires of the Blood Angel line out in the world.

Un-death is so awkward...

No comments: