Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Weird day messing with me...

First learned Ukraine's entry into the Eurovision competition, this year -- Kalush -- won for their song, Stefania. And there are rumors of a coup against Putin due to his declining health and mental capacities. Both of which gave me a hint of hope and joy.

But then my sister in Texas texted me, asking about the shooting at a Tops Market about 4-5 miles from me. I went online and saw that ten were dead and three injured, all but two African American.

The white racist fuck who went hunting for black people in that market was from a town just outside Binghamton, and I've been through it so many times while en route to NYC or parts of PA and NJ. He had n*gger printed on his gun and a 100+ page manifesto posted on his FB page, but officials are still investigating whether or not to see this as a hate crime.

Seriously! They don't want to rush to judgement.

The killer was taken without a scratch on him, just like Dylan Roof. Not tasered once, despite having an AR15 next to him. Handcuffed and driven off in the space of minutes. By cops who shoot to kill any black man who dares make even the hint of a wrong move in their direction.

Sickening.

I did manage to get a schematic worked up for Brendan's home on Nailors Row. And I did more digging seeking what I'd worked up for his possible grandparents. But not a lot else done, today.

This world is going fucking mad...

No comments: