Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Stupid me...


I signed up for an online course in using Google Ads and YouTube to increase sales of my books...specifically Carli's Kills. It was a couple hours long...and the last third was a complete waste. I can't even use YouTube unless I have at least one professional video to post, and they suggest three. Meaning sink God knows how much money into working up a video for the book to go onto a format I rarely visit and don't really know will help me.

On top of this, I'll need to sink hundreds of dollars into working with Google Ads to see which one will be best for my work. And I need a stand-along platform for the book to link back to, for sales. Then there are the network backups and the response display and the target ad group and key words to use but also key words not to use but you won't know which is which until you spend more money...and now I'm depressed.

I wanted to understand better how to sell CK so I might be able to pay for a trip to Ireland...and no way in hell is that gonna happen. I'll need to spend God knows how many weeks or months just catching up to speed on how things work and sink myself even deeper into debt in hopes my one little mainstream erotic-suspense-romance-revenge-justice-thriller takes off...with no guarantee it will.

I'm currently set up for it to be in Ingram's catalogue blast, which cost me, too but actually has helped me make sales for things like my coloring book and such.

I've been fortunate in sales of my books. I've made my money back, plus some, on all but David Martin (my fable) and The Alice '65 (my MF Rom-com). The two books that are the most mainstream. Guess I'm a niche writer until I take a hardcore course in online sales and work out a formula for success in it.

I can't, right now. I've been avoiding APoS for too damned long and want it completed before I'm feeble of body and brain, which at the rate I'm going may be this time next week.

No comments: