Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Heaven...

I got my new MacBook Air laptop today, a few days early. Migrated all my documents and files and apps over, and am ready to go. Took next to no time and I'm already liking it. The keyboard feels right. I even splurged on a sleek little mouse that looks more like a piece of fancy sushi but is so elegant to work with, it's a joy. I've upgraded Word to 365 and love how APoS looks on it. I also played it safe and got AppleCare, because it came in handy with the Pro.

I don't have all the details set the way I want, yet, but I'm happy and relieved that this is ready to use, so quickly. Next comes getting Photoshop and working on the cover for the book. I want a sketchpad and stylus but Mac doesn't have those for the Air. I'll have to go aftermarket.

I'm told I can send my old Pro in for credit, but I don't want to let go till I know for sure everything is working okay or migrated properly. I doubt there's a problem, but I'm too unsure of my ability in tech to let that govern me, yet.

What's funny is, I worked out the basic plot for Blood Angel-Franz (volume 3). The Oyim refuse to give Leonides permission to make Franz a Blood Angel because they sense there is a darkness in him that should not be unleashed. Once a human is turned, their true nature is revealed and all lies fall away.

Unfortunately, Franz knows about the vampire world and has to be killed. As punishment for allowing this to happen, Leon is ordered to feed on him till true death. But he can't; Franz is too beautiful a man. So he winds up turned...and a danger to the community. But he cannot be controlled except in the cruelest of ways, and that is not in Leon's nature.

That's why he goes looking for his sister, Gabrielle; to offer a swap. Franz for Dmitriy, because she'd have no problem taking control of the crazy little fuck.

She thinks.

No comments: