Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 13, 2023

Seattle

Heading out for the Seattle Book Fair, tomorrow, and not back till early AM Tuesday, on a redeye. Quick trip, but I've been to the city so many times I've seen just about everything I wanted to see. Be nice to catch up with some people I know in the book business, but I'm staying at a different hotel so no easy access to Jack-in-the-Box's cheap tacos. Maybe when I'm in LA, beginning of December.

I'll miss doing a ferry ride. I've done one back and forth to Bremerton every time I went, but won't have the time, this trip. But, again, I've done it so often.

I'm not taking my Mac with me, either, so no posting till I'm back. I've got the company PC with a copy of APoS on it and will use that for proofing and for emails. But it doesn't have anywhere near the same links I've set up on my own laptop so little online stuff. Once I've transferred everything on this Mac to my new one, I'd like to recycle this thing. Maybe someone else can get some use out of it, once it's been refurbished. I don't want to keep it.

Spent half the day at Caladex getting ready for the fair and plotting out an addition to a NY job in mid-November. Found out they have a couple more potential jobs in February and March...and though I'd told them I was cutting back from that my bank book kicked me in the ass and said, Don't be stupid. So if anything comes from them, I'll do them. I'm so deep in debt, it's that or bankruptcy.

Besides, I've got the expenses of putting APoS out into the world. Can't let that go by the wayside. I've got the first book's jacket, but the other two will need to be plotted out to at least be somewhat consistent in look and feel, and those will be difficult.

I've gotten some good feedback on the second version of the synopsis. I'll let it sit till I've finished this pass on Derry and formatted the text of the novel for publication, in hardback and ebook. By then, I should know what will and will not work for it.

No comments: