Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Unfinished business...

I'm completing that erotic horror story I was writing, The Beast, and posted chapter 10 on GayDemon.com, tonight. So Warren has been caught and stopped, and now comes the explanation.

I haven't decided if it will all be a nightmare he had after being shot and almost dying or if he'll be treated like he's insane. I'll decide, tomorrow.

It took me a while to kick-start my brain, even to do this little bit of the story. Hell, any story. I did paperwork, Set up my portable ac units...only to find I have one plugged into the wrong wall and will have to rearrange all my plants in order to get it going properly. I tripped the breaker twice before accepting it. But it was hot, today, and that makes me sleepy. Don't want that...so tomorrow is going to be fun.

The last leg of the drive up to Buffalo went nicely enough. No cramps or aches. Only one little bit where I started feeling sleepy. I got that Chrysler Pacifica up to 30 mpg using cruise and not pushing too hard. Dumped all the packing materials into my car and returned the van by 6pm. Then came home and made myself some hot dogs.

Fun detail -- taking an Uber to the airport to pick up the van and a taxi home was $5 cheaper than leaving my car in their longterm parking lot while I was in DC, for a week. I normally rent cars from the Airport Avis because they tend to be in better condition than the little sub-locations, and their hours are better. 

Today, as noted, it took a while to get going, but I think I do have the opening for APoS-HNH now. A quieter entry into the story than I'd had, before. I even input it on the main rewrite file.

No comments: