A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Decent BBQ...sort of...

Job is done. 75 boxes. Pick up tomorrow afternoon. Then will be packed into Gaylord containers and off on their way. And I go home on Saturday.

Well...I finally found a decent BBQ place -- Whole Hog Cafe. I was going to hit one called Wright's, but not only was the line to order a good 2 dozen people in front of me, there was no place to sit. Just long country-style benches already packed, and in a dark Quonset hut. The vibe was all wrong, so I left.

Got a 4 rib platter (that gave me 5 ribs) with baked beans and cheesy corn...and loved it. Except for one thing. Apparently, Little Rock goes for a sweeter sauce than I like. I ate the ribs without it.

Then I came back to the hotel, took a nap...and woke up with a cramp in my leg. From standing in one spot for so long, I'm sure. Getting old sucks.

What do I mean getting? I am old. And cranky. And tired.

I didn't think about any writing, today. I'm just going to have a cupof hot teas and read more of Asimov's Foundation Trilogy.

No comments: