A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Thursday, August 6, 2026

From the beginning...

I've started working on MQM in a linear fashion and am through to the point where Simon is arrested. I added more back and forth between him and Paley that could almost sound like he's asking the cop to go back to his hotel room to take some photos. 

Which he isn't; Paley is not attractive to him and says so. And that is when he is arrested. Almost like the guy got his feelings hurt.

I've added in a meeting with a local LGBTQA+ reporter that needs some pumping up, and also did some work on the ending. That kept me up till 4am, but it's a lot better.

Thing is...I'm still trying to understand the why of the story. Why these characters? Why this structure and outline? I honestly have no idea, yet. Am I being stupid in writing a story that makes no real sense?

I can be very stupid. That's half the reason I am where I am, today, instead of a roaring success. There's a part of me that gets frustrated and confused, and when I that happens I just go fuck it and do something to push forward. 

But on the few occasions where I powered through and put aside my inner warnings, half the time it turned into a full-on fiasco. Helping Tony LoPresti with Wilderness Rules was one. I should have killed it the moment it started going off the rails. 

Then there was going along with people I knew and trusted on making Bugzters suitable for a animation film. That was never going to work. And my first move to LA was nonstop stupidity, as was moving to NYC before I really was ready for the city.

I'm trying not to be stupid, again, but no telling if I'll succeed....

No comments: