A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Traveling man, again...

I'm heading to a packing job in Little Rock, Arkansas, in the morning, where they expect temps to be 100+ for the week I'm there. The job's already turned into a chore, so now all I can hope is the house I'm working in has a good AC.

I'm Ubering to the airport at 8am, which is early for me. I like flying around noonish. But it's that or I don't get into the town until 11pm, which is midnight, my time. Then having to get up at 7am to pick up packing materials? Not acceptable.

I used this job and its issues to keep from thinking about The Murder of a Quiet Man and I find myself, right now, being even farther from it. I guess it was a mistake to start the book without knowing what its meaning was. Because if it's just to point out how screwed up our system of justice is, I've done that in several other of my books. I've been repetitious enough.

There's not all that much sex involved, meaning it's not going to be erotica because what there is deals with how Simon is treated by others, including Doyle. And it's not a bio of an older gay man's life. So what am I doing with it? I'm just plain blank.

Something that did come up  the last couple days is me taking some time away on my own. Which segued into me driving up to Montreal to research Adam's life for Dair's Window. Or taking the train or a bus. Not sure which.

I also looked into doing the cross-Canada trip from Toronto to Vancouver, but that's thousands of dollars, even in US currency. But Adam travels on it when he's escaping his situation in Toronto, so maybe I should, too...

Does that mean I'm shifting from MQM back to DW? It would be consistently inconsistent of me.

No comments: