The funny part is, this library is a massive collection of mysteries and crime fiction. I've seen first editions of Earl Stanley Gardner, who wrote the Perry Mason books. Ellery Queen. John D. MacDonald. Agatha Christie. Rex Stout. Sue Grafton. You name it.
And here I am working on a crime story that I can't figure out. I actually thought, for a moment, of turning it into a Jake Blaine mystery, as a followup to The Vanishing of Owen Taylor...but that got shot down all the way around. MQM is Simon's story and then ReShawn's. Jake couldn't see a way into it.
And reality is, What happened to Jake's Uncle Owen is too similar to what happens with Simon...
Could that be the problem I'm having? Am I repeating myself with no point in sight? Just a rehash of the all-pervasive homophobia that is rampant in the police force and most DA's offices? Am I really out of ideas?
I'm not jumping at the shift to Dair's Window because that would be a romance, basically. But the way Adam wants to tell his story and how Dair can't seem to settle down for his part makes me uncomfortable.
Jesus, I just noticed...10pm and it's 88 degrees. This is why I will never live in the South, again.


No comments:
Post a Comment