A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Simon returns to lead...

It's funny I say that, because what I worked on today is the ending third of the book. Which takes ReShawn's pov as he begins to figure out what happened. Again, it's from his immediate viewpoint, like with Brendan, but this is what Simon wants.

I can indicate what's happening around him as he marches to his fate. And maybe set up aspects that ReShawn doesn't see which might lead to the punishment of those who killed him. 

But now that we have an understanding, Simon and I, I feel more optimistic about the story. I can see the blocks fitting into place.

As of this moment, I have 61,500 words total. Maybe 10% will be cut because they no longer fit, but I have a lot to add to the story. So it may wind up as about 75K. Which is livable.

The meaning behind the story seems to be, The universe is what it is, and has no moral center. Only humans do, and far too many people ignore that in themselves in exchange for momentary comfort or satisfaction...and shrug justice off onto some vague notion of karma.

Simon is at an age where he can see that now, and reacts accordingly when he's taken into the woods. And everything needs to lead up to that...as I already knew. But now I can see how to do it.

I'll still whine and complain, but suddenly I can see the end of this project when I couldn't before.

And I hope it will resonate.

No comments: