Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Digging in...

 I've worked through the 1st 70 pages of Carlli's Kills to set up the new direction it's taking. Not a lot of change...until Carli kidnaps Grady. Now? No more exposition about why. She now wears her black leotard and balaclava, and lets him think she's attacked him for the cash he's carrying. He's collected from the gang's drug couriers and has plenty of it.

There is now a vibrator being used. She also quotes 1 Samuel 18:27 as she prepares to circumcise him. I figure I'm going to go all in on this and have fun with it. She's raping the men who raped Lara...who I'm thinking of making her sister instead of her daughter and remove all the uncaring mother angst in this thing. It was becoming a bit overbearing.

Problem is...now the title's a bit off. I need to think about that.

I can't do a lot of work on it right now because I'm also brushing up on export license regulations in the UK, for the NY Book Fair, next month, and prepping my taxes for my CPA.

So that's all for now.

No comments: