Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Newly updated ending...

Did some restructuring and rewriting and redoing of the final confrontation and last chapter of CK. Wound up adding 6 pages and the story is 84,700 words. Carli's now in the middle of it instead of acting like a deus ex machina. One of the bad boys gets away but Carli lets him. Not because she's done with killing but because she's got a different focus, at the moment, and tracking him down would take away from that.

Dammit.

Anyway, I'm going to print these new pages up, do a red pen on them the input everything this weekend. I don't think this is ready to be read, yet, so will give it one more pass. Try and make it read better. Right now it's pretty basic grammar....composition...

Something I've been wondering about is doing some pen and ink sketches illustrating moments in the book, like used to be done int the 19th century for major authors like Charles Dickens and Wilkie Collins and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Perhaps one per chapter, which would mean eight of them. Not sure about that, yet...but I could do something like this for the chapter dealing with Grady's death...which could be fun.

I made a cheese soup, for dinner. In a crock pot. Just 2 cans of Campbell's version, diced Roma tomatoes, chopped green onions, butter, and 8 Velveeta 3 cheese slices. Mixed with water. Turned out tasty and made a total of 4 meals. I can even use it as a dip for chips, if I choose. Been a while since I've cooked like this

What's nice is, in my new place I'll have more space in the kitchen. A fridge with a freezer that will make ice and store a number of meals and meat. I'm looking forward to it. I've set up a storage unit, just a 5x5 since all I'm putting in it is boxes of papers. I'll have to find a pallet to stack them on, because I don't want them on the ground.

Maybe I can find one at the facility.

No comments: