Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Red pen draft done

I now have notations all through the 3rd draft of Carli's Kills and need to input them. That will make this an official 4th draft, even though as I go along I will be making more changes...and then another draft.

I also find I really don't like how neatly the final confrontation ends up. Too rushed and easy. And Zeke becomes something of an afterthought to it. NOT how it's supposed to go. That may need restructuring...again...

Problem is, I don't know what to do to make it better or make more sense without going back to the original ending...and that is too damned Puritanical. Too much of a cliché. I refuse to let this story descend into one that screams You did bad so must be punished fake moralizing. Carli did what she did because no one else would do anything about it. Frontier justice.

But I'll deal with it after I'm done with work, the next couple days. The California Book Fair is over and everything should be about moved out and starting its journey back to LA for shipment home. I'm in to the office late, tomorrow, and staying late; same for Tuesday, since LA is 3 hours behind us.

I'm also meeting with the people running a couple of Senior Housing towers, on Wednesday, to see about moving in. Subsidized rent. I can't keep these jobs up, much longer, and if I'm going to be ending an outside source of income then I need to be able to live in my social security. They will only take 30% of that...I think. To be determined at that time.

Hell, that's become the motto of my life -- TBD later.

No comments: